Friday, April 9, 2010

Spontaneity

My life has become full with regularly scheduled activities. While I love everything I have planned, the clubs I’ve joined, the dance classes, ect., it doesn’t leave much room for spontaneity. The blend of sanguine and choleric in my personality demands I have to have both. Without both structure and spontaneity I get grumpy.

I wanted to see what would happen if I purposly didn't plan anything going into Friday. It was great! One of those perfect NYC weekends that make me want to brag about what an amazing place I live in.

I went with a friend to see two solo musicals at a local theater. Then to the Guggenheim to see the new photography exhibit. I found it disturbing instead of introspective or fascinating. Part of the problem is nothing in the Gugg will ever compare to "I Want to Believe", the first exhibit I saw there. Then I spent the wonderfully weathered Sunday strolling on the High Line with a few friends. The High Line is a raised, abandoned, railroad track recently converted to an elevated park. To end the day we went to eat at the Frying Pan, a restaurant created on board a previously sunken ship.

Where else can you do all that in a weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment