Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Festivals

Australians love festivals. Each one is promoted heavily and attracts thousands of people. In the past 3.5 months I've been to the aroma (coffee) festival, the winter festival, the "Art and About" festival, the Brazilian festival, and the night noodle markets at the food festival. Next week I am going to the Fringe Festival.

The highlights of the festivals for me have nothing to do with the festival itself but the people I went with. I don't really like trying new food and I hate coffee and I refuse to spend $40 to skate around a really tiny portable ice rink. But I do like trying to get more free samples of chai latte, developing a whole documentary on homelessness in Australia, forming a circle under a tree because enough tables aren't available, or trying to imitate the samba.


No comments:

Post a Comment