Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Speakeasy

I stole this story from another blogger. I couldn’t pass sharing this incredible find. Apparently, a person/couple/group purchased a building in Queens and when they removed old boxes from the basement they found a 2-lane manual bowling alley. After some research the building was thought to be a speakeasy under a garment factory. Check out the story here: http://www.scoutingny.com/?p=1227

I didn’t even know I wanted one until I knew it was possible. My list of requirements for my imaginary house just grew by one. Secret Bowling Alley: non-negotiable.

Anyway- check out Scouting NY. It’s a fun blog of a film location scout who finds all sorts of interesting and usually unnoticed things in the City. Things such as half buildings, metal rats, and secret sculptures coming out of the East River. Once the weather is nice I’ll take my camera and try and find some of these things on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment